Virginia Is a Godsend!!!!

    This morning, I woke up to a text from Virginia in the group chat between her, Nicole, and myself. I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw but felt confused and honestly a little bit worried. I received the text at 1:04 a.m. The text just happened to contain the first draft of our script, which Virginia had written at what I consider to be ungodly hours of the night. I scanned through the first few lines when I first saw it, but after seeing how long it was, I decided that it was better for me to wait until I was more awake and attentive to read through it.
    I have actually just finished reading through it (it is now 7:03 p.m.), and while there are some things to change, I am absolutely enthralled by what Virginia has come up with. Thought I don't want to reveal too much of the draft because at the end of the day, it really is just that: a draft, I will share an excerpt of the description of the setting and conflict below. Yesterday, I wrote on this blog about how I wanted to help in the scriptwriting part of this project, and while a significant part of that is virtually impossible now, there are still some things to change, which my group will tackle tomorrow in class. Virginia also added a couple more characters than we had originally planned for, so I will be taking time to ask my friends with acting experience to see if they can play a role in our film opening. 
    I have so much gratitude for Virginia, her work ethic, and her creativity. She just gave us a HUGE leap in this process, and I cannot wait to see where it goes from here. Stay tuned for more updates!


The text from Virginia with the introductory portion of the film opening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Product!

     It's been a very long two months, but the final product of "Steve" is finally here! We hope you enjoy it! Thank you to ev...