Can I Write and Play the Part?

     I've been thinking about this entire process a lot lately. Especially about what I can contribute to our project. Compared to my groupmates, Nicole and Virginia, I have very little experience in media production. They've both been in this world for almost 4 years now, whereas my experience is limited to pretty much just this course. I believe that my biggest strength comes in my writing abilities. I've written some short stories that only a few of my closest friends have read, and poetry is my most frequently used coping mechanism. I feel, however, like my skills in poetry and prose could transfer over to screenwriting for this. Since we specifically chose this genre to play to our backgrounds and strengths, I want my writing skills to be my biggest contribution to this project.

    I was also thinking of the filming process and what I could contribute then. Since Nicole and Virginia are both very knowledgeable in the production aspect of filming, I feel as if I will have to end up acting as our main character. While acting isn't something I'm very familiar with, I'm very excited to see first if I even play our character, and second, how it turns out if I do. I think that since this is just a film opening, and our idea wants to focus a lot of the camera time on showing the objects in the room, my performance will do the job we need it to do. While this is a detail we will have to confirm in the next coming days, I'm very excited if I do get to act in this! I love getting out of my comfort zone and trying new things, and I've never really had an opportunity like this, so why not try it? Maybe I'll win an Oscar! Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Product!

     It's been a very long two months, but the final product of "Steve" is finally here! We hope you enjoy it! Thank you to ev...