We Filmed!!

    So... despite the odds, we filmed! It was very good to see our vision come to life and to finally be able to put everything together! This post is mainly going to serve as a reflection of JUST the filming process as opposed to the entire project as a whole, which will be done in the Creative Critical Reflection. 

    We arrived at our filming location (Markham Park) at around 5:30, which honestly made me kind of nervous that we weren't going to film it all in one day because we were filming outside and we were depending on the sun for our lighting. As soon as we arrived, we unpacked our equipment (shoutout to Jim Guaracsi and BECONTV), and Virginia started doing Nicole and I's makeup.


    After that, we walked for a bit into a nearby field, played around with the camera angles, and we begun filming. Since the first scene has me laying on the grass, I had to lay in the grass for what felt like forever, and there were many fireflies and bees which actually scared me SOOOOOOO much. After that, we started shooting the rest of it, mainly the dialogue. However, before that, we had to film a couple of shots me breathing heavily, however, because I was wearing 3 layers (undershirt, dress shirt, and suit jacket), the sun was BEAMING in my face, and we had no water, so the filming was extremely exhausting. The rest of the filming process was pretty simple, the main issue we had just came in the dialogue, as Nicole and I were acting, we would forget our lines or one of us would speak before the other was finished saying their lines. We finished filming shortly before the sun set, and we will be playing around with the color and the gradience of the video in order to adjust for continuity. The filming process went so much smoother than I thought it would, and I'm really glad it went the way it did, and I can't wait to see the final product after Virginia finishes editing! I'll make more posts about the post-production process later this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Product!

     It's been a very long two months, but the final product of "Steve" is finally here! We hope you enjoy it! Thank you to ev...