SET(ting) The Scene

     Today, out of curiosity, I decided to do some research on what our set should entail. This isn't something my group has discussed because we're only still in the beginning stages of our planning. The way I pictured our scene, it would take place in an entirely white room, but almost like more of a set than an actual room. Right now, I see it being similar to some sets from Jubilee's (a YouTube channel) videos, which are filmed using white curtains on the sides and background.

Screenshot from a Jubilee Video. (See background for what I envision our setting being like.)

    I envision our set obviously being much smaller to create an almost claustrophobic feeling that also creates uneasiness and discomfort. I think one way that we could create a setting like this one is by purchasing white backdrops for photography (see below), and putting 4 of them together to create the setting, and give the film the sleek, monochromatic look that we're envisioning at the moment. I found what I think is a relatively-priced option on walmart.com, so I think this is definitely a realistic vision, but obviously, nothing is for sure as we're still at a very early point in this process.

    I just wanted to dedicate a post to this because I wanted to bring to light something that I thought would be interesting for my viewers to see about how the set might be created. I think it's important to document little ideas like these because in large-scale projects like this, it's important to be creative and resourceful! We might end up filming in a regular white bedroom instead of following through with this but hey, you never know what can happen!

    



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Product!

     It's been a very long two months, but the final product of "Steve" is finally here! We hope you enjoy it! Thank you to ev...