Mind Block

     Being that my groupmates are currently on the other side of the country, and much of the development of our project is being left to me for now, I have been placed with the initial development of ideas for our film opening. However, this responsibility has come with a consequence: as much as I try to brainstorm ideas for the film opening, I have come up with some ideas, but I feel as if all of them have been done before or wouldn't turn into something I would be proud of. For example, one idea I came up with consisted of two couples that were saying goodbye to each other at the airport, as one member of each couple was leaving. The opening would consist of different cuts in order to tell the story of each of the two couples saying goodbye. The end of the opening scene would hint at the two members that don't travel end up coinciding but think nothing of it, only to continue to run into each other over and over again, setting up the conflict for the film. I feel as if this idea has been done before, but I don't know if or where I've seen it before. I think that there are also some challenges when it comes to filming at an actual airport, as there are too many external factors that could impact the filming process, especially when it comes to the audio and sound.

    I do know, however, that this whole process will become easier when my groupmates, Nicole and Virginia, return from their competition in California. We've been in contact when they've been able to do so. As soon as I see them in class on Wednesday, we're going to bounce ideas off of each other to see what we can come up with and catch up with the other groups. I believe that when it comes to creative projects like these, the more minds, the better. What may start off as a simple idea in one of our heads could become an amazing final product thanks to our collaboration and maybe even combining different elements from ideas that we may present to each other. I know that planning the film opening is the most difficult step in the process, and I'm very excited to get it over with, but I don't just want to rush through it, I want to put in the dedication required to create something I can be proud of.

    I feel as if I should mention that Virginia and Nicole sent me a picture from California the other day! I really continue to wish them the best of luck as their trip continues and I cannot wait to see them when they come back and get to work!

Nicole (left) and Virginia (right) in California!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Product!

     It's been a very long two months, but the final product of "Steve" is finally here! We hope you enjoy it! Thank you to ev...