A New Start!

     Now that May is coming closer and closer, it is time to start working on our 2-minute film openings for our final portfolio project! My team, composed of Nicole, Virginia, and myself, have about 3 months to plan out and produce a 2-minute film opening to tell a story that we would like to share. 

    While I know that this process will require hours upon hours of hard work, I want to do everything in my power to make sure that we have fun while doing so. I believe that some of the best pieces of media I watch are ones where I can tell that the cast is enjoying playing the characters and being part of that production. I also want to create a story that has a meaning. As I hope to minor in Communications in college, I know the importance that media can have in spreading a message, and although I know that the audience for this film may be limited, I still want to have the film opening be of some worth to society.

    My class spent an entire period learning about the importance of film openings; their power to captivate; to inspire, and most importantly: to intrigue an audience to invest their attention to the other 99% of the film. We live in a world where first impressions are crucial, and that is true for both people and the media we consume. One thing that stood out to me was said in the Ted Talk by Producer Andrew Stanton that we watched in class. He said that a film opening "should give the viewer 2+2, not 4". This quote in particular made me realize that the best films don't give everything away. Sure, they may pave the road, but the end isn't reached without the viewer stepping on the gas. Seeing this Ted Talk really made me conscious of how important film openings are.

    Although my group and I are still brainstorming what our film opening should be about, what it should look like, and how we want to produce it, I am looking forward to planning and executing this project. I have never had the opportunity to have this creative freedom and produce my own pieces of media, so I look forward to learning a lot throughout this process as well as to producing a film opening I can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Product!

     It's been a very long two months, but the final product of "Steve" is finally here! We hope you enjoy it! Thank you to ev...